Click on below text/images to see content
How we work
At SAFFI we Believe That:
- Religious Leaders and faith communities have a pivotal role to play in addressing VAW.
- Collaboration between the faith sector and Collaboration between the faith sector and domestic violence advocates / service providers is central in our quest to break the cycle of VAW.
- Victims / Survivors should Not have to carry the extra burden of having to decide between their safety and their faith.
- Perpetrators must be held accountable for their abusive behaviour and offered culturally informed zero tolerance restorative justice interventions.
- Children must grow up in a society where honour and respect for the human dignity of women & each person is the order of the day.
SAFFI Embraces Internationally Held Goals in all its Strategies & Services:
- SAFETY for the woman and children.
- ACCOUNTABILITY for the abuser.
- RESTORATION of individuals and,
IF POSSIBLE, restoration of the relationship
- MOURN the loss of the relationship.
In addition to our core strategies we also offer additional services such as:
- Educational Talks
- Perpetrator Intervention Programs
- Gender Reconciliation Workshops
- Research and Advocacy
- Technical support to Community-based DV Initiatives
Please contact us to enquire about these services.
1 Harrington Street,
Zonnebloem, Cape Town
+27 21 462 2277
+27 21 462 2276